Hi I’m Fiona! A family photographer specialising in capturing connection, joy and soulful moments. My style is a little bit of storytelling, a dash of documentary, mixed in with some posing and prompts – all resulting in a beautiful, heartfelt collection of family images.
I live in leafy West London, surrounded by lots of beautiful parks and I love that I’m close to the centre of the city – because I am without a doubt a city girl – and I adore the hectic, buzzy atmosphere of London.
I find my clients are like me and we become friends, which is the best. You’ll know from looking at my work that I adore shooting in the home. I think the home setting is so important to a family. Check out this blog post to learn a little more about My Why.
What next? I recommend you scroll down and read the shoot FAQs below, have a look through the Portfolio if you haven’t made it there yet. Once you’ve done that, and you’re ready to book, get in touch through the Contact Form. I can’t wait to photograph you!
Frequently Asked Questions
How much is a shoot?
Photography is an investment. You are investing in timeless images and you are investing in your photographer to have the experience, equipment, insurance and creativity to capture this moment in time, as the family you are right now.
My Session Fee is £185 and my Collections for a Family shoot start at £350 (including the Session Fee). To receive my Welcome Guide with my Bespoke Family Collections and Pricing please get in touch.
5% of every booking will be donated to assist those affected by Childhood Cancers as well as funding treatment, research and support. Your donation will be put towards a hospital or charity dealing with the disease – or directly to support a family that have a child with cancer.
When is the right time to do a maternity photo session?
The best time for a maternity shoot is right around the beginning of the third trimester. Anytime after 30 weeks when you’re getting a nice bump – but you’re not overly big or uncomfy!
When is the right time to do a newborn photo session?
How do we book/reserve a shoot?
I have a big family! Can you photograph us all?
Absolutely! A family size up to 6 people is included and each additional family member will cost a little extra. The supplement is £50 per person.
Can we reschedule?
Do you photograph outside of London?
How long will the shoot take?
Family and Maternity shoots will take about one to one and a half hours. For newborns, the shoot can take up to three hours – but is usually around the two hour mark. This is because I follow the little ones’ lead. A longer shoot takes away the pressure and gives time for any changes, feeding etc. that is needed during the shoot.
What should we wear to a shoot?
Firstly, the most important thing to keep in mind when putting together a shoot wardrobe is comfort. If you don’t feel comfortable, then you won’t feel good in front of the camera, which will come through in your pictures. For a newborn shoot, chunky knits and simple clothing work best – I also love colour, so a vibrant muslin, or cushions, plants are welcome!I do have a lot of clothing advice in my Prep Guide that you’ll get once you book your shoot.
What equipment do you use?
I’m worried my kids won’t co-operate!
Don’t worry! I come prepared with some games, tricks and prompts up my sleeve. This is another area I cover in detail in my Prep Guide once you have booked. Don’t let fear of wild ones make you miss a family shoot if it’s important to you. We will get good shots – we will also get some honest, mad, real life ones too!
My house isn’t perfect, can we have the shoot outdoors?
I love shooting in the home, it’s really important to me. You can read about why here. I will give you a guide to prepare for your shoot, once you book. This covers how to prepare your home – don’t worry it’s not too much work! But I will shoot outdoors if you prefer that, I am happy to arrange a call to discuss your concerns.
How long will it take to get my images?
You can expect to receive your online gallery within 2-3 weeks after the shoot. Your gallery will be live for 2 weeks. Any prints or products you order can take up to six weeks from the date ordered to be delivered to you. Do shout if you are in a rush though, I can try to make sure everything is done as quickly as possible.
How many photographs will there be in my gallery?
What is an online gallery?
Can I buy extra prints?
Covid-19 Health and Safety
Please see below the ways I am keeping my business safe for myself and my clients as I return to work.
- I am keeping up to date with the Government Guidelines, and adhering as per law.
- Before I arrive at the location of our shoot I will sanitise my hands with my own personal hand sanitiser. I will also use my hand sanitiser repeatedly throughout the shoot.
- If there is a sink & soap on location I will wash my hands before the shoots and at the end of the shoot for 20 seconds.
- I will wear a mask if you request for me too, however kindly note that I make my best images through verbal and non-verbal gestures, which will be hindered with wearing a mask.
- I will not touch you or anyone else at the location (no handshakes or high-fives or hugs unfortunately!)
- If I travel by public transport I will wear a mask for my journey. If you are uncomfortable with me arriving via public transport, you can choose to either pay a higher travel charge to cover a car rental/taxi, postpone your shoot until you are more comfortable or request a refund.
- If myself or anyone in my household or anyone I have been in contact with becomes ill with signs of coronavirus (such as high fever and persistent cough) I will notify you immediately and our session will be postponed.
- If you or anyone in your household becomes ill, or has been in contact with a person that has become ill with signs of coronavirus (such as high fever and persistent cough) you must notify me immediately and our session will be postponed, free of charge.
- If you are self isolating or you are living with someone deemed as high risk, currently I am not able to photograph you until at a safer date.